However, our attorneys have the courtroom experience and knowledge necessary to tackle difficult cases. We also attempt to anticipate resistance that may come from creditors, trustees and the Bankruptcy Administrator.
An initial consultation is always free. Our goal is to provide prospective clients with our honest perspective on the matter which we hope will be informative and useful even if these choose to retain a different firm.
Common Disputes in Bankruptcy Litigation
Although bankruptcy cases often move smoothly through the court system, disputes do emerge that can only be solved through litigation. Some of the common issues our attorneys handle in bankruptcy court include:
- Automatic stay violations
- Tax issues
- Valuation disputes
- Objections to exemptions
- Abusive chapter 7 filings
- Lien avoidance
- Claim disputes
- Discharge and dischargeability
- Stay relief motions
- Avoidance actions (such as fraudulent transfers and preference recovery)
- Discharge injunction violations
- Contested confirmations
- Post-confirmation plan modifications
- Abandonments and asset sales
The truth is: Every bankruptcy case we handle is unique. Our attorneys will conduct a thorough assessment of the challenges you may face so we can develop a strategy tailored to your case. Contact us today o set up a free consultation.
Representative Bankruptcy Court Cases
At the Sasser Law Firm, our skilled attorneys represent both debtors and creditors in complex litigations matters. A few examples of cases our team has handled include:
- Calvin A___ v. Kenneth W____. Our team represented the creditor in seeking a denial of a discharge of an alienation of affection claim.
- Two Olives v. David L_____. Our law firm represented a creditor in seeking a denial of discharge for activities related to a fraudulent transfer.
- Apropos Holding v. Abdoulie F____. Our firm represented the debtor in a commercial landlord’s action to have a claim denied due to “willful and malicious injury to property.”
When you schedule a free consultation with our bankruptcy lawyers, we welcome questions about our experience and qualifications for handling your case. We understand that choosing a bankruptcy attorney is an important decision, and we want you to be confident in the decision you make.
Talk to a Knowledgeable Bankruptcy Trial Attorney Today
Whether you are dealing with a financial emergency or preparing to get your financial house in order, our board-certified bankruptcy lawyers are ready to help. Our bankruptcy law firm takes a low-pressure approach to evaluating cases, including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13. Whether you are facing commercial litigation or a personal bankruptcy case, we will arm you with the information you need to make the right decisions for you, including discussing alternatives to bankruptcy.
When you contact our law firm, you will meet directly with an experienced attorney, not a paralegal or an assistant. Our dedicated bankruptcy lawyers will take the time to thoroughly review your case and explain how bankruptcy code will apply. We will answer any questions you have, talk through all your options, and discuss long-term preparations for appeal.
Contact us now to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation with our bankruptcy lawyers. Our law firm works with individuals and business owners throughout North Carolina, including in Wake, Harnett, Johnston, Durham, Orange, Granville, Vance, Franklin, Warren, Nash, Lee, Chatham, and Moore counties.